Pushjack v0.4.0 has been released.
It was a major release with several backwards incompatible changes. The biggest breaking change is that the send_bulk function has been eliminated with its functionality being merged into the send function (i.e. sending single or multiple push notification is done with the same function). The other big change is that the APNS socket connection handling has been changed to non-blocking and utilizes I/O multiplexing via the select module.
Please see the Upgrade Guide when transitioning from v0.3.0 to v0.4.0.
What is pushjack?
Library for sending APNS (Apple) and GCM (Android) push notifications.
It is Python 2.6+ and 3.3+ compatible.
- Improve error handling in APNS so that errors aren't missed.
- Improve handling of APNS socket connection during bulk sending so that connection is re-established when lost.
- Make APNS socket read/writes non-blocking.
- Make APNS socket frame packing easier to grok.
- Remove APNS and GCM send_bulk function. Modify send to support bulk notifications. (breaking change)
- Remove APNS_MAX_NOTIFICATION_SIZE as config option.
- Remove GCM_MAX_RECIPIENTS as config option.
- Remove request argument from GCM send function. (breaking change)
- Remove sock argument from APNS send function. (breaking change)
- Return namedtuple for GCM canonical ids.
- Return namedtuple class for APNS expired tokens.